This $500 scholarship is sponsored by FASS and will be given to a deserving developmental mathematics student at FASS’s annual conference. The following criteria must be met by the applicant:
- Attends a Florida college
- Has successfully completed at least one developmental math class with an A or B grade
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
The following documents must be included in the application packet:
- This scholarship application.
- Up‐to‐date college transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from one of the applicant’s developmental math instructors or math lab learning specialists.
- Typed narrative explaining an innovative method for solving a math problem. Include step by step process and state the objective to be covered. The narrative should be typed double spaced as a Word document in size 12 font, no longer than one page in length. Applicants should contact their computer lab or math lab instructor for assistance with any math symbol programs. Additionally, e‐mail a copy of your narrative to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photograph or photo file in jpg format and signed release at the bottom of the application page.