This $500 scholarship is sponsored by FASS and will be given to a deserving developmental mathematics student at FASS’s annual conference. The following criteria must be met by the applicant:
- Attends a Florida college
- Has successfully completed at least one developmental math class with an A or B grade
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
The following documents must be included in the application packet:
- This scholarship application.
- Up-to-date college transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from one of the applicant’s developmental math instructors or math lab learning specialists.
- Typed essay (300-500 words) describing how a developmental mathematics course has changed the applicant’s outlook towards math and its relevance to their life. Additionally, e‐mail a copy of your narrative to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photograph or photo file in jpg format and signed release at the bottom of the application page.