Two Joseph Howland Scholarships, in the amount of $1,000 each, are available to be presented at the annual FASS conference. The following criteria must be met by each applicant:
- Attends a college with a FASS institutional membership.
- Has successfully completed one developmental math course and one other developmental course either in writing or in reading.
- Has six semester hours of gateway or general education college level course work (AA/AS).
- Has achieved an overall 3.0 grade point average for all course work.
The following documents must be included in the application packet:
- This scholarship application.
- Up‐to‐date college transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from an instructor of a developmental education course and one from an instructor of a gateway or general education college level course).
- Typed essay (500 ‐750 words) describing how the developmental mathematics or developmental writing course has influenced your life. The essay should be typed double spaced as a Word document in size 12 font. Additionally, e‐mail a copy of your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photograph or photo file in jpg format and signed release at the bottom of the application page