Do you know someone who stands out in the field of developmental education or is dedicated to student success? If so, nominate them for the FASS Outstanding Educator Award. This award is traditionally presented during the association’s annual conference. The outstanding educator will be selected based on his or her demonstrated excellence in the areas described below.
The following criteria must be met by the applicant:
- Must be a person whose work exemplifies the philosophy of service and support for student success.
- Must demonstrate excellence in teaching or appropriate professional skills (e.g., counseling, tutoring, and administration) with students.
- Must show responsiveness to individual students and commitment to professional growth.
- Each nominee must be a current member of FASS.
The following documents must be included in the application packet:
- This award application.
- Typed biographical sketch which includes the name of the person you are nominating, and the institution and title/position of nominee. The document should also include your nominee’s role in developmental education or student success. Additionally include outstanding achievements in each of the following: (a) teaching/other professional skills; (b) relationships with students; (c) professional developmental activities. The document should be typed double spaced as a Word document in size 12 font. Additionally, e-mail a copy of your document to email@example.com.
- Photograph or photo file in jpg format and signed release at the bottom of the application page.